In March of 2013, I was chatting with Allison @ The Book Wheel and somehow we came up with the idea for a sort of bookish bucket list, which we’re titling 50 Bookish Things You Must Do Before You Die.
Most of the list we had in common, like these 35:
- 20 DIY bookish (& sophisticated) crafts
- Participate in creating or create my own Little Free Library
- Read 50+ classics
- Visit author/book locations (homes, parks, etc.)
- Do 10 new activities inspired by books
- Go to a book blogging conference
- Have cards in 10+ countries
- Stamp 100+ books – Completed!!!
- Send/Receive 100+ PostCrossing cards
- Do 10+ video blog posts – Frankenstein,
- Plan a few book-themed dates
- Have a book-themed party
- Host an in-person book club
- Meet 20 authors – Stephen King, Jodi Picoult, Ayana Mathis, Debbie Berkelhammer, Junot Diaz, Michelle Obama
- Make blog bookmarks
- Consistently volunteer or work at a bookstore or library
- Work a Friends of the Library sale
- Guest post for a big deal book website or magazine
- Edit a published book
- Write thank you notes to authors whose books make a difference
- Make postcards for the blog for PostCrossing
- Get 1,000 Likes on Facebook – yay!!!!!
- Get 1,000 followers on the blog
- Have a review posted/published by a national publication/website
- Be asked by Amazon to be a Vine member
- Be invited as a guest speaker for a blog/book-related conference
- Make enough money from blog to break even with blog costs
- Get 1,000 books donated to a cause
- Participate in online author discussions – Piper Kerman,
- Plan a trip to meet other book bloggers
- Read the top most banned books
- Participate often in BookCrossing
- Have a stamped book/leave a card in every state
- Have a stamped book in 10+ countries
- Participate in as many blogging events (Bloggiesta, read-a-thons, YoRWtFIW, etc) as I can
Then, there were some that we decided on independently. Here are my 15 individual goals:
- Make a deeper, personal connection with an author
- Read 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
- Visit as many libraries as I can in as many cities as I can
- Read a book in another language (besides English)
- Read 10 books of poetry
- Read 20 books of short stories
- Write a children’s book
- Fill my wall of bookshelves with books
- Keep my Goodreads To Read list up to date and accurate
- Record videos of children’s books being read aloud for the internet
- Give out ALL business cards
- Volunteer more than once for Librivox
- Create my own blogging event (like Bloggiesta, read-a-thon, YoRWtFIW) – Weekday Read-a-thon with The Book Wheel
- Read 10+ graphic novels – Maus, Persepolis
- Host a book swap party
So Allison and I are challenging you! Create your own bookish bucket list!
Can’t think of 50? Think of however many you can!
Then share it with us (there’s a linkup below)!!!!! And check out Allison’s list of 50 Bookish Things You Must Do Before You Die!
Connect with 50 Bookish Things. . .
[inlinkz_linkup id=386982 mode=1]