I’m going to let you in on a little secret:
I’m a book blogger but I love fashion and beauty products.
For real. I know its hard to believe when all I talk about here are books for the most part, but today I am going to share with you 5 of my all-time favorite beauty supplies, things I cannot live without – all of them $8 and under, too!
1. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer ($3.49)- This is one of my favorites because it’s lip balm plus a teensy bit of color (I use the Watermelon shade). I’m not all crazy lipsticked up since it’s actually a very sheer color, but I’m not all pale lipped either. This way, I get a little color and some lip nourishment. I purchased mine at Target where I could see the variety of colors before deciding which to choose.
2. Hollywood Fashion Tape ($7.97)- I have been using this stuff for YEARS! I use it to keep everything in place up top, plus to keep straps in the right spots and cardigans from slipping.
3. e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer ($3.99)- Not only does eyeshadow primer make your shadow brighter, it also stops that gross crease that you get by the end of the day! You know what I’m talking about. And because the shadow you do use is more vibrant when used over the primer, you can use less, thus saving you money and allowing you to buy that fabulous Naked Palette you know you want!
4. Lobe Wonder Ear Support Patches – ($8.05, which is 5 cents more than $8, but I added it into the list anyway) – I wish I knew about this product years ago! Ever wear earrings that are heavy? Well, this product is the answer to that saggy earlobe issue. I loooooove the Lobe Wonder. They’re so easy to use and they really do work!
5. Sally Hansen Salon Effects ($4.68) – The nail polish stickers really work, and I use them when I am going on a weeklong vacay so I don’t have to reapply. I get complimented allllllll the time on them. I always choose crazy patterns, too, and Sally Hansen has a lot to choose from. Plus, they work a lot better than other brands I have tried. If you haven’t used these before, try the Sally Hansen ones and follow directions exactly.
Also fab: if you purchased all 5 of those products, it doesn’t even cost $30! Plus none of these things are “online only” – you can get all of them at the drugstore, too!
What beauty product can you not live without?